This wasn’t the project I was supposed to be doing this week. However, since I put my back out last weekend (I think the way I sat in those theater seats, but that’s only a guess) lifting a lot of comics wasn’t in the stars this week. So I went back to a project that needed more time than I thought and started earlier in the day, namely updating my Rolodex. It was still only a day-long project, but I had to start earlier in the day than the last time.
I don’t have a spinning system like that. I don’t have enough phone numbers to need one. It’s a small, flat thing that has family members, friends, and doctors’ numbers. However, the last time I updated this thing Compuserve was still a big deal, two of my cousins were married, one has since re-married and another is on her first (and hopefully only) marriage with her own kids, other cousins’ kids have grown up and gone to college or gotten their own places (making me feel old since I have yet to even marry much less raise a family) and even a few people passed away. So yeah, that needs some updating. Too bad I ran out of new cards and whiting out the old ones wasn’t worth the effort. So I have to get some more refills in order to complete this project. However, numbers I no longer need or have changed are now fixed up like they should be and that’s what matters. Now if I can finish healing my back by next weekend I can finally do that comic organizing project that should have been done last year if not for all the problems. At least that’s another project off the dry ease board.