Over at my other website I take part in this podcasting/vlogging challenge for cartoonists called Art Soundoff. The past couple of years I’ve had some kind of technical issue that made me miss a few days even by my chosen schedule (just on weekdays; it’s up to the participant if they even post the recording or just keep it for themselves, and how often during the month of November you do it–technically you could make one recording, not share it, and complete the challenge). So this year I thought I’d use my project day to go through and put everything together so that come Sunday night I could record something and easily have it ready for Monday morning.

So instead I set a new record by having technical issues BEFORE I begin the challenge. Oh, lucky me.

Part of this is going to come off as venting but without getting too technical (since this isn’t a tech blog but a clutter fighting blog and yes in a way this does fit in…good thing, given that it took up the whole afternoon and I woke up late Saturday) here’s what I tried to do using some old electronics…and what failed to happen.